French as a Second Language Courses
French as a second language classes are provided primarily to military family members. However, if there is available space, civilian employees at the base may register.
French is the official language of Quebec, and it is spoken by 98% of Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean’s population. It is an essential tool to work, conduct business, be independent in everyday activities, and take part in the region’s social and cultural life.
|Mid-September until mid-December
||Mid-January until mid-April
||Mid-April until mid-June
Classes offered throughout the year:
- Beginner levels
- Intermediate levels
- French: Stepping Stone to Employment program
- Aimed at people showing proficiency at an intermediate or advanced oral French level, this program is intended to ease your social and professional integration in the region of Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean.
Number of sessions: 4 to 5 each week
For the French courses (begginer, intermediate and advanced levels):
$110 for military family members. This amount includes:
- Socio-cultural outings in the context of the classes
- The two learning guides needed, including one that can be reused for the French Advanced Level (Level 6) course.
An amount of $50 will be refunded if you attend over 85% of the classes. Prices vary for civilian employees.
Program French: Stepping Stone to Employment
- $50 for military family members. This amount will be refunded if you attend over 85% of the classes during the session.
- $20 for the book “Par ici : méthode de Français,” levels 5 and 6.
For further information about the learning formula, visit the course webpage
Child care service:
50% of occasional care fees will be refunded to military family members. Please note that for the day classes, a child care service is provided at MFRC’s Respite Daycare for preschoolers.
To find out all the details or to register, please contact the linguistic integration agent by dialing 418-677-7468.