In 2019, Stantec celebrated their 65th Anniversary. To mark the occasion, they have decided to partner with 65 organizations to provide scholarships in support of higher education. The resounding success extended the program into 2020. This year, Stantec reached out to the Calgary Military Family Resource Centre to create a scholarship in support of military families, members, and veterans.
Through this generous donation by the Stantec Community Engagement Program, the Calgary MFRC will select and provide a one-time $1000 award to a deserving student from a CAF Family.
This partnership moves us closer to achieving our mission of empowering Military families. Scholarships allow deserving students to attain their educational goals, meet their professional objectives and succeed to their fullest ability.
The following is a list of students eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Spouse or dependent of a currently serving CAF member residing in the Calgary MFRC Area of Responsibility (AOR)
- Regular Force CAF member currently releasing residing in the Calgary MFRC AOR
- Currently serving Reservist residing in the Calgary MFRC AOR
- Veteran member residing in the Calgary MFRC AOR
- Veteran Spouse residing in the Calgary MFRC AOR
The criteria for selection for the scholarship will be eligible students entering or continuing post-secondary in one of the following STEM programs: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
Eligible students will be entering or continuing a post-secondary degree or diploma program in one of the areas: Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Selection will be based on:
- Academic performance with an average grade point average of 3
- Expression of thoughts and visible motivation
- Participation in extra-curricular activities
- Proof of admission to a STEM program as a full-time student
The scholarship is not transferable to any other student/person. The chosen applicant will agree to a photo op which will be shared through the Calgary MFRC Newsletter as well as with Stantec
DOWNLOAD the application here.
Documents to be submitted:
- Cover letter from applicant
- Connection to CAF
- Experience as a CAF family or member
- Why they choose STEM
- Plan for the future
- Scholarship Application Form (completed and signed)
- Transcript/summary of grades for courses completed
- The applicant must be able to show proof of acceptance to a college, university, or technical school
- Copy of Valid Photo ID
- Reference Letter for the applicant, written by an instructor/professional
The application documents for this scholarship must be complete in all respects and be submitted on or before the deadline issued by the Calgary MFRC, missing documentation will result in the whole application being disqualified.
- Marketing of the scholarship will begin October 21st and will be awarded by December 15, 2020.
- Application deadline is November 30, 2020
- Review and selection will be made by the Executive Committee of the Calgary MFRC Board of Directors and will be final and not subject to challenge by the applicants.
- The award will be presented at the Calgary MFRC office by the Board Chair and Executive Director
The chosen applicant will be notified through email and payment will be presented before December 31, 2020