Top Fuel for Top Performance
Top Fuel for Top Performance (TFTP)
This nutrition for action program provides nutritional information for individuals who are physically active, training for specific athletic events, preparing to deploy, or looking to fine tune their current diet for an active lifestyle. This course offers practical information on what, when and why you should eat and drink to ensure you perform at your best.
Top Fuel for Top Performance (TFTP) is not a replacement for detailed, individualized counselling from a dietitian as would be needed for any individual requiring a specialized diet due to health issues (e.g. food allergies, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, etc.). Similarly, counselling from a dietitian may be beneficial for those individuals who restrict food selection for special diets (e.g. vegetarian or vegan).
- Evaluating eating patterns;
- Major classes of nutrients that the body needs;
- Determining daily energy needs and meal planning to meet these needs;
- How to read food labels to make better choices;
- How to plan healthy meals at home and away;
- Food and fuel for before, during and after physical activity;
- Planning and preparing for training and competition;
- Myths and facts of fad diets;
- How to adjust your eating and physical activity to lose weight or bulk up; and
- Sports supplements, including how they are regulated and what to consider.
HRMS Code is provided upon course completion.
This course is open to the 4 Wing Community (military members, civilian employees, veterans, and family members 18+)