4 Wing RV Compound Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the common questions that 4 Wing RV Compound users have while utilizing the RV Compound service.
Signing up: Who can get a secure a site at the 4 Wing RV Storage Compound?
● Regular members (Currently serving Military members, Reserve Force, and Foreign Fighters), Ordinary members (DND employees, NPF, PSP, Staff of MFRC’s, DCC, RCMP, and Honorary Colonels), and Veterans.
What do I need to provide PSP to obtain a site at the RV Storage Compound?
● Name, address, phone number(s), service number, current valid insurance certificate, vehicle registration, name and number of an emergency contact, and the size of your vehicle.
What size vehicle can I store in the Compound?
● North Compound is for trailers 26 feet and under.
● South Compound is anything over 26 feet.
What type of vehicle am I permitted to store at the 4 Wing RV Compound?
● Trailers, RVs, boats, and ATVs can be stored at the RV Compound.
● All vehicles must be in good working condition.
I have more than one vehicle. Am I able to secure more than one site?
● If space permits, yes. All members eligible to obtain 2 sites. For Regular and Ordinary members, the first 2 sites are free. Any additional site rentals will be subject to a fee.
Fees: Is there a cost for the site?
● There is no rental fee for Regular and Ordinary members.
● Rental fees apply to Veterans and members requiring additional sites. They are as follows:
○ North Compound: $31.50/site per year
○ South Elongated Compound: $52.50/site per year
● All members are required to pay a $50 security deposit per site.
When is the security deposit refunded?
● Once you submit a request to withdraw your site (can be submitted online here). We will complete a site check to ensure it is fully cleared. A refund request is then processed.
● A refund cheque will be mailed to you. This can take anywhere from 6-8 weeks. Therefore, we request that you provide us with your new mailing address (if you are leaving Cold Lake).
● We have placed additional measures during the COVID-19 pandemic due to the temporary closure of the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre and to protect our staff and RV Compound users. They are as follows:
○ Step 1: Complete the online RV Compound Withdrawal request form on CAF Connection (click here to access the form)
○ Step 2: Take a picture of your site to confirm that it has been cleared
○ Step 3: Take a picture of your Community Card to confirm that it has been cut in half and can no longer be used
○ Step 4: Once you are contacted by PSP to confirm that they have received your request for withdrawal, he/she will request that you email the pictures requested in Step 2 and 3
○ Once PSP has all the necessary information, a refund request will be processed
Insurance: Why do I require a letter from my insurance company if my vehicle is under my homeowner’s policy?
● If your trailer is covered through your homeowners insurance policy, it may only be covered while it is stored at your residence, not in the 4 Wing RV Compound. This policy is in place to protect you in the event that your vehicle is damaged or broken into. 4 Wing cannot be held accountable or liable for any loss or damage to your vehicle and its contents.
● PSP must maintain a valid insurance certificate on file. Therefore, please ensure you provide us with a revised certificate upon renewal of your insurance policy.
Access: How do I access my site?
● In order to obtain a key for the RV Compound, please visit the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre Welcome Desk during regular operating hours. For after hour access, please visit the Military Police (MP) detachment.
● In order to obtain a key, you will be required to present your Community Card.
● If you have misplaced your card, please visit the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre Welcome Desk.
● Please ensure you return keys promptly so other users may access the compound.
● We have arranged different procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic due to the temporary closure of the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre. They are as follows:
○ Members are able to obtain the key only at the MP detachment
○ You will be required to present your Community Card, which will be held until you return the key
○ If you have misplaced your card, the MPs will request a piece of government photo ID to verify your name and cross-reference it with the membership list provided to them by PSP.
○ If you have authorized your spouse to obtain access, he/she will be able to pick up a key from the MPs as well. If your spouse is not currently listed on your membership and you would like to have him/her listed, please contact Gervais.JoAnn@cfmws.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for your request to be processed.
Can my friend sign out the key for the RV Compound on my behalf?
● Unfortunately, no. Only the member and their spouse (IF they are listed on the membership) may sign out a key to the RV Compound. This measure is in place to prevent unauthorized access to the RV Compound thus protecting the property of all users.
What do I do if someone is parked in my spot?
● Visit the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre Welcome Desk and the staff will resolve the matter. Please provide the plate number of the vehicle that is parked in your site, if possible.
● During the COVID-19 pandemic the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre is temporarily closed. Therefore, please contact our Welcome Desk Attendant at Gervais.Joann@cfmws.com.
Is the RV Compound plowed during the winter? Do I have access to my trailer all year?
● The RV Compound is not plowed during the winter.
● You are able to access your vehicle year round.
For how long can I maintain my RV Compound membership?
● Your membership is valid for as long as you are posted to Cold Lake by the Canadian Armed Forces. Please note that you will be required to renew your membership yearly in April.
Is the 4 Wing RV Compound secure?
● The RV Compound is gated and locked and the MPs patrol the area regularly. However, it is not monitored at all times. It is the responsibility of individual members to ensure their vehicle is secured and that they hold valid insurance coverage to protect them against damage and theft.
If you have any further questions/concerns, please contact our staff at the Col J.J. Parr Welcome Desk at 780-840-8000 ext. 7823.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre will be temporarily closed. Therefore, please email our Welcome Desk Attendant JoAnn Gervais at Gervais.JoAnn@cfmws.com.