We are pleased to announce our Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre will be resuming delivery of fitness classes and other services using a phased in approach.
Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre Reopening in Phases
All patrons, regardless of stage or level of service, will respect the protocols imposed by provincial/federal regulations.
Our resumption plan will require all personnel to be wearing their mask on arrival at the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre and complete a health survey. Access will be denied if no mask or if anyone is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. The Main Entrance/Exits, all hallways, stairways and washrooms/change rooms will be Public Health Measures (PHM) enhanced zones (masks must be worn).
The Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre resumption stages are as follows:
* Dates for Stage 4 will be communicated when necessary preparations have been completed
- Stage 2: 20 Jul 2020: Fitness Programming and Health Promotion (HP) Programming to Military Members from 0630-1630hrs, outdoors classes and reduced in-door classes as required in Main Gym or Blue Arena, as well as the pool for Military testing only.
- Stage 3 part a: 10 Aug 2020: Fitness Programming/HP Programming/Community Recreation Programming to Military Members ONLY from 0600-1830hrs with facility access to the Main Gym, Cardio/Weight Room, Activity Rooms. The change room/lockers will not be accessible. On-line registration using Book King will be required to access any of the cardio or weight room locations. Steps for using Book King. Please review these detailed SOPs. Unit PT Classes will continue to be booked through unit PT reps.
- Stage 3 part b:17 Aug 2020: Fitness Programming/HP Programming/Community Recreation Programming to entire Defence Team and their families from 0600-2100hrs with facility access to the Main Gym, Cardio/Weight Room, Activity Rooms. The change room/lockers will not be accessible. Be sure to review the steps for Book King and detailed SOPs above.
- Stage 4: TBD*: Fitness Programming/HP Programming/Community Recreation Programming/Aquatics to all patrons with facility access to all areas.
Pro tips for using Book King.
- Members shall register for PSP led Unit fitness classes through their unit PT reps prior to arriving. For further details on PSP led Unit PT classes please contact Tovah Fenske at Toval.Fenske@forces.gc.ca;
- Members must wear their face mask when entering the facility or they will be denied access;
- Members will be requested to use the hand sanitizer provided at the entrance and exits;
- Members will be required to sign in and complete a health survey; and
- Members that are displaying any COVID-19 Symptoms will be denied access to facility. Members will respect physical distancing at all times inside the facility, and wear masks where physical distance of 2 Meters cannot be maintained.