SOPs for Facility Access and Equipment Availability
Book King Steps for Facility Access
The continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada and around the world has understandably raised concerns for you and your family. This is why PSP has been working hard to re-open the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre safely. Your safety remains our top priority.
By taking extra steps to ensure our space is safe for you and our employees, we are pleased to announce that the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre will be open to the community starting on October 24, 2020. The hours of operation will be 0600 hrs to 2100 hrs Monday to Friday and 1000 hrs to 1700 hrs Saturday & Sunday. The need for physical distancing and good hygiene will be crucial to make sure the transition back in the facility goes smoothly.
To help us ensure physical distancing and control attendance numbers within the facility, an online booking system has been developed for the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre. This booking system will allow members to book facilities and services within the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre. If you do not have a valid Community Card for the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre, you will need to submit a request to create a profile in our online booking system (Book King).
Once your request has been processed, you will receive a notification to visit the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre, get your picture taken, and obtain a new Community Card. Please note, you will need to present appropriate ID as proof that you are a Defence Team member to the Welcome Desk staff in order to obtain your Community Card.
The purpose of implementing this new procedure is to enable us to do the following: ensure your safety, ensure physical distancing, track usage of the facility, and follow COVID-19 re-launch policies and procedures.
Please note: Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre is offering two options for booking the various workout zones. Members may continue to reserve their equipment or workout zone through the Book King Software or in person at the Welcome Desk. Please note that the second reservation option is on first come, first served basis. This will also apply to Yoga and Spin classes. Unit PT will continue to be booked through unit reps and not on Book King.
Accessing the online registration system (Book King):
If you do not have access to Book King, please follow the instructions below to create your online profile and account:
1. To create an account go to https://bkk.cfmws.com/coldlakepub/index.asp and click on “My Account”.
2. Complete the Client Account Form. To open click on “Client Account Form”.
3. Complete the form. All fields with a red asterisk are mandatory. Once complete, click on the button “Submit” at the bottom of the form.
4. PSP will utilize this information to create your account and send you an email with your username and temporary password.
If you have access to Book King, please follow the instructions below:
1. Go to https://bkk.cfmws.com/coldlakepub/index.asp and click on ‘My Account’.
2. Input your Username and Password.
3. Once you are logged in, click on the ‘Facilities’ tab.
4. Then click on ‘Request/Book Facilities’.
5. Select the Zone, Equipment/Area, and the date you wish to book your workout.
6. Select the time you wish to book (please note, you can book a max of 2 bookings per day). Then click ‘Add selected’.
7. Click continue.
8. Your registration is now complete. Please print or provide a digital copy of your invoice. You will need to present this to the Welcome Desk Staff if requested.
9. It is mandatory to complete the ‘COVID-19 general screening questions’ and read and comply with the ‘Participant SOP’ that is attached to your invoice’ prior to arriving at the Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre.
Need some extra pro tips on how to navigate Book King? Click here.