The Skateboard Park is located to the south east of Col J.J. Parr Sports Centre (adjacent to the Outdoor Rink).
This facility is unsupervised! Users assume all risks inherent in the use of this facility. Use may result in serious injury.
This area has been designed to provide skaters with a moderate challenge for recreation purposes, as well as to help develop their skills. It is not possible to design and build a skate or skateboard facility without hard surfaces. The same hard surfaces that challenge the skater pose significant risk of injury if the skater falls.
We strongly urge all skaters and skateboarders to wear:
- Elbow pads
- Knee pads
- Wrist pads
HELMETS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN SKATEBOARDING IN THIS FACILITY.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- No glass containers, food, or beverage allowed on the skating surface. Spills jeopardize the skaters.
- No other items such as benches, tables, wood materials, or other objects used as ramps or jumps are allowed in the skate park facility.
- No pets are allowed in skate park area.
- No skating against traffic on ramps or pipes.
- Do not proceed down a ramp until clear of other skaters.
- Hours of permitted use are from 7:00 am to sundown. It shall be unlawful for any other person to enter or remain on the premises outside the hours posted. (Section 17-131)
- Alcohol, tobacco and or drugs are prohibited.
- No bicycle or scooter usage in skate park area
- No loud music / noise after 8:00pm
- All vehicles are to be parked in the designated area
Skate with safety in mind and remember weather conditions may create unsafe surfaces for skating.