The Train Right section of the #P4Challenge will have you showing us your healthy selfies while partaking in activities that can protect against both physical and/or mental injury.
Train Right (28 June-26 July)
Each week, the new activity will be highlighted on our social media pages and sent out to registered participants. You’ll be asked to take healthy selfies that coincide with the week’s theme and post them on your social media (Facebook or Instagram) using #P4Challenge, send them in to 4WGHealthPromotion@forces.gc.ca or submit using the online form: Photo Submission
June 28 to July 4: Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes!
Show us how you keep safe by sending us selfies of your protective gear. Examples:
• COVID face mask
• Wearing a helmet
• Proper footwear for running, hiking, etc.
• Knee or elbow pads, shin guards
• Protective eyewear
• Preventative braces or splints
July 5 to July 11: Hydration Station
Take a healthy selfie of you hydrating with water during physical activity.
July 12 to 18: Gratitude Moment
Write a word of gratitude and take a selfie with it. Be creative!
• Use some chalk on a sidewalk
• Write in the sand
• Create a word with pebbles or rocks
• Make a word using arts and crafts
• Write on a piece of paper
July 19 to 25: Water and Sun Safety
We want to show us how you’re protecting yourself around the water and from the sun! Examples:
• Wearing a lifejacket while boating/near water
• Swimming with a buddy
• Swimming in an area guarded by a lifeguard
• Using sunscreen
• Wearing UVA and UVB protective sunglasses
• Wearing a wide-brimmed hat
• Wearing long, light-coloured protective clothing
• Seeking shade