The MFRC Mental Health & Wellness program offers confidential parenting, relationship, personal and communication support to individuals, couples, families, and children of Canadian Armed Forces members as well as Veterans.
The team is comprised of a Mental Health Team Lead, Family Liaison Coordinator, Family Liaison Officer, Family Support Worker and Youth Worker.
Services offered include:
- Access to support and resources
- Assistance in applying for emergency funding
- Initial needs screening and referral
- Conflict management
- Confidential, short-term counselling and crisis support
- Peer support groups
- Preventative workshops
- Support for caregivers and children coping with illness, injury and/or loss
- Support in navigating the multitude of services and resources available to military families
- Tailored information sessions and briefings
Types of programming offered:
- iSTEP - Individual Success Through Empowering Peers
- Mindfulness Coaching
- Self-esteem workshops for children and youth
- Yak and Gobble
Get in touch with one of our Family Support Workers by visiting the MFRC during office hours or call (780) 973-4011 ext. 6300 and ask for the intake worker.