Youth Employment Preparation Program
Youth Employment Preparation Program (YEP)
The aim of the Youth Employment Preparation (YEP) Program is to provide real-life workplace training and employment opportunities to the youth of the Canadian Armed Forces members and Canadian Armed Forces support personnel posted in Europe. YEP aims to assist youth aged 15-21 gain the knowledge, skills and experience to make a successful transition into the labour market.
YEP moves the youth through a 4-step program:
*If you are still unclear about your eligibility for the program please verify your host nations regulations on employment. Reach out to your local orderly room or contact us as we may be able to provide more guidance or direction on where you can acquire more detailed information.
- Dependents of Canadian Forces members and Canadian Forces sponsored support personnel stationed in Europe;
- The applicant is not a diplomatic dependent, e.g. CDA or MPSS dependents;
- The applicant is a Canadian citizen, does not have dual citizenship in the country of employment and does not have dual citizenship in a “non-NATO” country;
- The applicant is a “dependent” in the view of CAF (e.g. NMR Directive 002/14), therefore eligible for NATO SOFA status;
- Between 15 and up to 21 years old (youth MUST be 16 by the start of the work term and can work only up to their 21st birthday); and
- The applicant is between 15-21 years old (youth MUST be 16 by the start of the work term and can work only up to their 21st birthday); and
- The applicant is currently enrolled in full-time studies for the school year 2020-2021 and returning to full-time studies for the school year 2021-2022. The student can be enrolled in full-time studies in Canada, abroad or by distance.
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR 2020-2021 INFORMATION PACKAGE AND Registration Form
Please contact our Employment, Education and Training Programs Coordinator for additional information.