Youth Employment Preparation Program
Youth Employment Preparation Program (YEP)
The essence of the Youth Employment Preparation (YEP) Program is to provide real-life workplace training and employment opportunities to the youth of the Canadian Armed Forces members and Canadian Armed Forces support personnel posted in Europe. YEP aims to assist youth - between 15 and up to 21 years of age, who are pursuing full-time studies – gain the knowledge, skills and experience to make a successful transition into the labour market.
YEP moves the youth through a 4-step program:
- Dependents of Canadian Forces members and Canadian Forces sponsored support personnel stationed in Europe;
- Between 15 and up to 21 years old (youth MUST be 16 by the start of the work term and can work only up to their 21st birthday); and
- Currently enrolled in full-time studies for the current school year and returning to full-time studies for the following school year. The students can be enrolled in full-time studies in Canada, abroad or by distance.
- Exceptions to these criteria will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Please note: Eligibility for employment for those attending schools in Canada will be based on the employment requirements of the country in which the CAF member is posted. It will be the responsibility of the YEP participant to acquire all necessary permits in order to apply for a YEP position.
Please contact our Employment, Education and Training programs Coordinator for additional information.
2019-2020 REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.