PO2 Craig Blake Memorial Fitness Challenge
About The Fitness Challenge:
The PO2 Craig Blake Memorial Fitness Challenge is a mini triathlon for military and DND personnel, consisting of a 300m swim, a 6.5k mountain bike and a 2k run. Participants may swim, bike and run, or complete a single leg of the race as part of a team. The goal of the Fitness Challenge is to bring people of all fitness levels together to strive to do their best through friendly competition.
Formerly known as the Navy Fitness Challenge, the event was renamed the PO2 Craig Blake Memorial Fitness Challenge in 2011 to acknowledge the legacy of avid cyclist and triathlete, PO2 Craig Blake, the first Canadian Navy sailor to fall in Afghanistan.
Please click here for a view the route map.
Participants cannot compete in more than one category at the same time (i.e. be registered as an Individual but count one of your legs for a team in the Team or Unit category).
- Completes swim, bike and run as an individual - $20
- Male Open (U40) & Female Open (U40), Male Master (40+) & Female Master (40+)
- Each completes a leg of the race – $45 per team
- Must be at least 2 people, max of 3 people
- No restrictions on Team - Can be mixed male/female, military/DND civilian, or from different units.
- Must have 3 people from the same unit.
- PSP will pay for one (1) team from each COTW, COTF and Wing Cup unit to participate in this category.
- Teams will be competing in the COTW, COTF and Wing Cup race categories for points in those inter-unit competitions only.
- Registration will be via hard copy forms that can be obtained from Unit Sports Reps.
**Please Note – Hard copy registration is for the Unit category only. All other Individual and Team registration is to be done online at the registration link above.**
Individuals and teams are required to provide and transport their own bicycles for the race. All riders must wear a helmet for the bicycle portion of the race. Helmets are not provided. Riders must bring their own.
The bicycle leg is a combination of off-road and gravel road trails. Conditions for the off-road portion are highly dependent on recent weather. Participants should prepare accordingly. A mountain bike is the recommended bicycle for competition.
Wetsuits and goggles are permitted for the swim. For safety reasons, swimmers must wear the swim cap provided. No fins or other swimming aids are permitted.
For more information, please call 902-721-8411
Thank you to all of our 2018 Sponsors: