There are several programs and policies in place to help support you and your family in times of need by providing assistance in either accessing child care or covering some of the additional costs of unanticipated child care expense. Our goal is to assist your family during the first 96 hours of an emergency while waiting for your Family Care Plan to be implemented.
Canadian Armed Forces families will be supported by Emergency Child Care services under many unique circumstances including;
- When the Canadian Armed Forces member must report for duty on short notice, or is away on tasking and neither their primary or secondary caregiver identified on their Family Care Plan is available to care for their children.
- When your family requires emergency respite child care while the Canadian Armed Forces member is away, for essential health and well-being;
- When the Canadian Armed Forces member requires emergency short-term child care to secure essential necessities that have not already covered through IRP within three months after posting;
- When the Canadian Armed Forces member or any member of your family has been seriously ill or injured; or when a member of the family has died;
- Requests for Emergency Child Care are approved at the discretion of your local Military Family Resource Centre Executive Director.
Download the Emergency Child Care Receipt (PDF)
Consult our documentation concerning the Emergency Child Care
Call Caroline at (613) 991-5051 for more information during regular business hours or contact the after hours Padre's office at (613) 998-3246
Ontario residents may contact Home Watch Caregivers at (613) 730-2188, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Québec residents may contact Service à domicile de l'Outaouais (819) 561-0911. Please note that the latter is closed between midnight and 5:00 a.m.