TELL US WHAT YOUR NEEDS ARE.
Transition Needs Study
Do you have a loved one who is medically released or about to be?
We’re looking for the spouses/partners, parents and adult children of medically-released veterans to participate in a focus group.
Focus groups will be meeting at several MFRC locations throughout Canada.
Why should I participate in the focus group?
- The focus group is estimated to take 75 minutes of your time.
- Limited child care is available.
Your experiences with the medical release process are a crucial part of our *research study. The results from the focus groups will:
If you or your family members have any questions about the research study, you can contact Aaron Sabourin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help us understand and build better services for your immediate and future needs;
- Influence the content for programming of the “Veteran Family Program”;
- Allow us to better respond to the major challenges families struggle with during and after the medical release process;
- Impact the development of a “Caring for the Caregiver” support program. This program will be for family members who have assumed the role of caregiver for their medically-releasing loved one.
Medically Releasing Survey
The survey for family members of medically released CAF members is now closed. Thank you to all who took the time to share your experiences with us. Results will be included in our *research study.
*The research study “Understanding the Needs of Canadian Armed Forces’ Families During and After Medical Releases.” is being conducted by Military Family Services (MFS). MFS is a division of Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services (CFMWS).