Career Counselling (virtual appointments now available)
Employment and Education Assistance Program
For additional information and resources, see the Military Family Services.
- Assessments: interests, skills, values and self-assessment
- Career exploration
- Education and training information, resources and referrals
- Marketing tools assistance: resume, cover letter and portfolio
- Interview preparation
- Job search strategies and labour market information
- Self-employment resources
- Local job board
- Facebook page
- Lending library of career-related resources
- Referrals to government and community service agencies
- Annual Career Fair
- Access to computer/internet (during Community Library hours), photocopier, scanner and fax machine
Resume Consultations (virtual)
Are you interested in having your resume reviewed? Do you want feedback on how to tailor your resume for a specific job/industry? Are you marketing yourself in the best way possible? Book a resume consult to ensure your resume is working for you!
To book a virtual appointment with our Employment Coordinator Christine, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume consult appointments will range from 30 minutes to one hour.
Career Development Coaching (one-on-one, virtual)
Are you looking for assistance with self-assessment, resume development, job search and interview practice? Career Development Coaching might be the perfect fit.
To book an appointment with our Employment Coordinator Christine, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Development typically consists of 6 – 8 one hour appointments
Self-directed Career Development Resources:
You will find several valuable resources on this site: finding a job, choosing a career and exploring the market.
Specifically under Choosing a Career you can:
- take career quizzes
- review job profiles; and
- match your current skills.
You can also browse jobs currently available in essential services!
Consider downloading the mobile app!
Create a comprehensive career plan: get to know yourself, explore education and training and explore the world of work; job search resources; resume and cover letter builder and so much more!
Contact Christine Helgason at (204) 765-3000 ext. 3227 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on all the Employment and secondary education questions you may have!