Casual Child Care
OCC is now open! There are new procedures and costs. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page for updated information.
Shilo Occasional Childcare Centre
This Occasional Child Care (OCC) provides quality child care for children 3 months to twelve years old, in a Provincially Licensed facility. We offer a program that is fun, educational and a safe environment.
Parents using OCC and receiving an income for children other than their own, must pay separate childcare fees for those children.
Hours of operation:
**Closed the last Friday of the month for cleaning**
|Days of the week
||Hours of operation
||9:00 a.m-noon & 1:00-4:00 p.m
Childcare is $4 per hour for the first child, and $2 per hour for each additional child in a family.
Booking your child
Childcare can be booked directly by calling (204) 765-3000 ext. 3341.
Reservations for childcare can be made up to two weeks in advance.
For more information on the Occasional Child Care program, contact the MFRC at (204) 765-3000 ext. 3352.
OCC Policies are currently under review & will be available upon completion.
What you need to know about the new OCC operations (temporary):
- OCC is open Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm only
- you must book for a full day
- fees will be $24 per child per day
- you can book your children, ages 3 months-12 years, up to 2 weeks in advance (no walk-ins allowed)
- must prepay over the phone when booking (credit/debit cards and credit cards accepted)
- priority will be given to families experiencing a deployment & those with mental health appointments (please specify when booking) - limited spaces available
- children's temperatures will be taken upon arrival, as well as at lunch
- you will have to fill out a questionnaire upon arrival
- drop off will be done at the playground door (no parents will be permitted in the building at this time)
- no child will be permitted to attend if they have (or have been in contact with anyone with) a cough, fever, sore throat, etc.