Casual Child Care
Due to COVID, OCC hours are limited and change monthly. Please visit the Shilo MFRC monthly newsletter for current information!
Shilo Occasional Childcare Centre
This Occasional Child Care (OCC) provides quality child care for children 3 months to twelve years old, in a Provincially Licensed facility. We offer a program that is fun, educational and a safe environment.
Parents using OCC and receiving an income for children other than their own, must pay separate childcare fees for those children.
Hours of operation: -please call for current hours-
**Closed the last Friday of the month for cleaning**
|Days of the week
||Hours of operation
||9:00 a.m-noon & 1:00-4:00 p.m
Full day: $24 per child
Half day: $12 per child
Booking your child
Childcare can be booked directly by calling (204) 765-3000 ext. 3341.
Reservations for childcare can be made up to two weeks in advance.
For more information on the Occasional Child Care program, contact the MFRC at (204) 765-3000 ext. 3352.
OCC Policies are currently under review & will be available upon completion.
What you need to know about the new OCC operations (temporary):
- you can book your children, ages 3 months-12 years, up to 2 weeks in advance (no walk-ins allowed)
- must prepay over the phone when booking (credit/debit cards and credit cards accepted)
- priority will be given to families experiencing a deployment & those with mental health appointments (please specify when booking) - limited spaces available
- children's temperatures will be taken upon arrival, as well as at lunch
- you will have to fill out a questionnaire upon arrival
- drop off will be done at the playground door (no parents will be permitted in the building at this time)
- no child will be permitted to attend if they have (or have been in contact with anyone with) a cough, fever, sore throat, etc.