Due to COVID-19, we have had to change GSH daily operations to reflect the provincial guidlines. This document will be regularly updated.
New GSH Policies and Procedures
Online Facility/Equipment Booking Procedures
- All military members and those that have a GSH membership are required to complete an online account form in order to book a facility or a piece of equipment.
- All new accounts will be reviewed and online access will be granted to military members and those that have a current GSH membership. When the account is created, you will receive an email with your account username and temporary password.
- 0615-1115 hrs Mon-Fri is reserved for military members only.
- Those that have a GSH membership will be permitted to book facility/equipment from 1115-2100 hrs Mon-Fri and anytime Sat & Sun. If you book outside your allowed timings, your request will be denied.
- Military members are permitted to book the facility anytime during hours of operation.
- All facility booking requests must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance. We will review all requests for facility bookings during our normal working hours, which is 0730-1600 hrs Mon-Fri.
- Please ensure all weekend bookings are submitted by 1500 hrs each Friday. Bookings after this time frame will not be approved.
- Individuals will be able to add an extension of one hour to their current booking if availability allows.
- Check for availability at the front desk at the end of your original booking.
- Front desk staff will initiate your booking extension by one hour (you can only extend once per day).
- You are allowed to change rooms when making an extension (e.g. if your first booking was in the weight room, you can extend your booking by an hour and use the cardio room).
- All users will be limited to booking two, one hour time slots for facilities/equipment per day.
- Users are not permitted to book the same facility back to back (e.g. you can’t book the weight room for two time slots, however you can book the weight room for one time slot and then a treadmill for another timeslot immediately following).
- Users are not allowed to book facilities/equipment more than two weeks in advance. All bookings requested beyond the two week period will be denied.
- If users can’t make a booking, they must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with their invoice and what booking they can’t make.
- Note: Please do not call the GSH front desk with a cancellation. You will be directed to email the above address.
- If users do not show up for their time slot a total of two times, administrative actions will be take which may result in a suspension of booking privileges.
- Late arrivals for time slot bookings will only have the remainder of that time slot for their use.
- Online bookings will include individual equipment options for the cardio room, spaces for the weight/combat fitness room, and lanes for lap swims (spaces are limited to comply with current provincial regulations regarding physical distancing).
- Booking requests will be reviewed by GSH staff to ensure protocols are being adhered to. If they are not, your booking will be denied.
- If at any time you are having issues or have questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com and we will help you out.