Pool Entry Requirements & User Guide
All infants and toddlers who are not toilet trained will be required to wear “little swimmers”. Did you know that you can buy little swimmers at the GSH front desk for $2?
Patrons must be accompanied by a parent/guardian/caregiver at a ratio of one (parent/guardian/caregiver) to one (child).
Pool Entry Requirements
The on-site lifeguards have the right to allow or prevent access to any part of the pool or the pool in its entirety should there be any safety concerns regarding the patron’s use of the facility.
- Children five years of age and younger must be accompanied by a caregiver that is 16 or older; within arm’s reach at all times.
- Children six to nine years of age must be accompanied by a caregiver 16 or older; caregiver must remain in the aquatic facility (in the water or in the stands) for the duration of the child’s stay. If a child cannot pass a swim test, they will be restricted to the shallow end unless caregiver is in the water within arm’s reach. Any child that is not accompanied by a caregiver will be turned away by the lifeguards.
- If any child required a PFD/Lifejacket, they must have a caregiver 16 or older in the water within arm’s reach at all times.
- All persons using the swimming pool must take a cleansing shower, using warm water and soap before entering the pool;
- All bathers who have used the toilet must shower before entering the pool;
- Spectators are not allowed on the pool deck;
- Persons having any skin diseases, sore or inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharge, open sores or any communicable disease will not be permitted in the pool;
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose, etc. in the pool is prohibited;
- No food is permitted on the pool deck or in the pool;
- No smoking;
- Individuals shall not engage in boisterous play;
- Bathing suits must be worn at all times;
- Children three and under not potty trained must wear “little swimmers” diapers;
- Maximum swimmers permitted on the deck and in the pool at any one time is 75.
For more information, please contact the Aquatic Supervisor at 204-765-3000 ext. 3318 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No standing on the slide;
- Feet first only going down the slide;
- One person at a time;
- No jewellery;
- Clear the bottom of the slide immediately for the next person;
- Line up in orderly fashion; and
- No running.