Red Cross Swim Kids is a 10-level stand-alone program for five to twelve-year-old children. Children learn to swim, be fit, and stay safe in a fun environment that promotes achieving a personal best and celebrates personal success.
The program teaches competitive and survival strokes, as well as increasing the distance and speed that each swimmer can achieve, while focusing on making safe decisions in, on and around the water.
The 10 levels of the program allow for solid progression of skills and knowledge.
- The skills and water safety throughout the program are targeted to each age group, with an increased focus on staying active and safe in the water.
- Swimming strokes are built throughout the levels, using solid, proven progressions with a focus on drills and distance.
- The fitness activities components build endurance and promote individual success and improvement. They also encourage lifelong physical activity as part of a healthy lifestyle.
The program is based on a foundation of continuous evaluation that challenges the individual swimmers to continually go beyond what they have acquired.
The Water Safety Instructors use performance criteria on the Instructor worksheets to determine the minimum standards for each item in the level, while targeting feedback and practice opportunities to the learning needs of each swimmer.
Saturdays, Oct 3-Nov 28
Ages: 5 and up
Mondays, Oct 5 - Dec 7
Ages 5 and up
Before registering, please beware of the following COVID-19 policy now in place:
All preschool and swim kids levels 1-4 require an adult caregiver to be in the water with their child. This is to minimize contact between the instructor and participants.
Cost: $50 + GST
- In person at the GSH front desk between 7:30am-4pm, Monday to Friday
- Over the phone with a credit card at 204-765-3000 ext 3889.
- Online at https://bkk.cfmws.com/shilopub.
If you have any questions, please email Jolynn, Aquatic Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please send us a message through our Facebook page www.facebook.com/shiloFSandR/.