Thursday 14 May, 2020, 10:00-11:00 AM (please arrive by 9:50 AM)
Handling Inappropriate, Hot-button & Controversial Conversations
Free Morning Webinar
MFRC Annex (Building R34, Ralston, adjacent to the Wood Hobby Shop)
A conversation between you and a coworker about a controversial topic or news story can heat up quickly and become uncomfortable. Race, religion, politics ... make for sensational news ... . But when they come up in the workplace, strong, diverse opinions can lead to hurt feelings, anger, and conflict.
Handling Inappropriate, Hot-Button, and Controversial Conversations is a one-hour webinar that gives you tips on how to recognize and navigate these prickly discussions. Enroll now and learn the skills to deal with anger and conflict. Know when to avoid the discussion or how to defuse it.
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- Manage differences by building a framework of trust.
- 5 key skills for handling anger and dealing with conflict
- Trends that increase the possibility of conflict and anger
- Defuse explosive or tense situations.
- What is “controversial” and how can you defuse these conversations before they lead to conflict?
- Identify the role social media plays in hot-button issues.
- 7 magic words and phrases that will foster dignity, respect, and power
- 4 simple guidelines to resolve conflict before it becomes an issue
- 7 guides for expressing anger and dissatisfaction