Thursday 12 March, 2020, 10:00-11:00 AM (please arrive by 9:50 AM)
Ethics in the Workplace
Free Morning Webinar
MFRC Annex (Building R34, Ralston, adjacent to the Wood Hobby Shop)
You don't have to compromise core values to make winning decisions in the workplace. Learn how to set high ethical standards and apply them to the decisions you make everyday.
Business ethics matter in today’s world.
97% of Americans consider it important to work for an ethical company. 70% of Americans have decided not to purchase or deal with an organization they believe has questionable ethics. Over 72% would pay more for a product from an ethical company. These statistics reinforce what we know to be true — business ethics matter in today’s world.
Every decision you make could have ethical ramifications!
When companies fail to make ethical decisions, it leads to public distrust, employee loss, and even potentially serious legal issues. But when an organization is known for its integrity, it attracts the highest caliber of employees — and it builds strong relationships with customers, suppliers, investors, and donors. An ethical organizational culture leads to increased efficiency, greater employee commitment, investor trust, and customer satisfaction. And studies have even shown that ethical organizations financially outperform unethical organizations!
But how do you make sure that you’re making an ethically correct decision?
When you attend Ethics in the Workplace, you’ll discover how to understand your organization’s values — written and unwritten! You’ll learn how to take your own personal code of values and use it to develop an ethical framework for making business decisions. You’ll be able to identify — and avoid — the most common unethical behaviors. And you’ll receive valuable tips and tools for dealing with unethical behavior from others.
We know that there are complicated dilemmas you face every day — and that business ethics can create a sea of conflicting responsibilities to coworkers, customers, donors, and investors. When you attend Ethics in the Workplace, you’ll learn invaluable guidelines and principles you can start applying immediately. Enroll today!
A Glimpse at Your Agenda ...
- Personality and the 4 individual ethical decision-making styles
- The big picture: how to see the consequences of individual ethical dilemmas
- Identifying the most common unethical behaviors that occur in organizations
- Individual and organizational factors in decision making
- The difference — and overlap — between legality and ethics
- Case Studies: the painful results of unethical decision making
- How to recognize ethical issues in the workplace
- How to handle unethical behavior from those around you
- Internal ethics reporting — handling perceived violations