Starting 1 April 2018, up to $3.5K will be available to spouses/significant others to support recertification/training/education in order to increase the success of finding employment.
Recertification/ Training/ Education Reimbursement for Military Spouses
To apply for reimbursement, CAF members are to complete Schedule A and Schedule H to the Support our Troops Program, attach detailed receipts dated after 1 Apr 18 and a copy of your MPRR. Registration for Direct Funds Transfer is also required. Please fill out the Supplier Form and attach a copy of a void cheque along with your submission.
- Spouse/significant other must be reflected on your MPRR.
- Courses must be at a recognized post-secondary institution or adult retraining centre.
- Courses can be through distance learning.
- Courses will be short in duration, a few weeks or months.
- Courses must be related to potential employment.
- For recertification, proof from the applicable professional association is required.
Completed forms and all supporting documentation are to be scanned and e-mailed to + WRT SOT Requests from the DWAN network. Please note, emails not sent from the DWAN network will not be delivered. If you have any questions please contact Brad Bailey at ext. 1350. Once approved, funds will be deposited directly to the CAF member's bank account.