The first step of your journey is your desire to stop using tobacco. Butt Out helps strengthen your commitment and readiness to continue on this journey. Butt Out gives specific guidance to help change behaviours associated with tobacco use and also provide essential support for individuals who want to quit using tobacco.
Butt Out Smoking Cessation Program
As a participant you will:
- Learn proven strategies to reinforce your decision to quit your tobacco use
- Discover and apply techniques to cut back then quit your tobacco use
- Find out about tobacco cessation medications and if they might work for you
- Analyze your pattern of tobacco use
- Pinpoint your triggers for using tobacco
- Plan and map out different actions you can take instead of using tobacco
- Choose and practice coping strategies that have been proven to work
- Learn how to manage the stress of quitting
- Prepare for high-risk situations to avoid relapse
- Address concerns about weight gain
- Create a plan to remain tobacco-free for a healthier lifestyle
This course is offered on an individual basis when you register with the Manager of Health Promotion, or in a group setting that is offered once a year, usually beginning in January. The group setting requires meeting once a week for one hour, for eight weeks in duration (normally on Monday afternoons to start your week off in the right direction).