The WMFRC offers programming during the summer months to address parents' need for stimulating summer experiences for their teens at a reasonable cost. This program is open to both military and civilian families.
Summer Programming for Teens
The Summer Wave program is for teens in Grades 7-12. The program facilitates specific trips throughout July and August. These trips occur both in and outside of the community.
The Summer Wave program aims to:
- Offer participants a safe, caring, and enriching environment that is conducive to development of wholesome social relationships.
- Provide activities that are meaningful, entertaining, and educational and are tailored to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of the individual.
- Promote self-esteem through interaction with others and the challenge of trying new activities.
- Encourage the development of skills that will continue to build the foundation for future reading skills and academic pursuits.
- Contribute to the wholesome growth and development of the future citizens of our community.
Summer Wave Program Documentation: