A message from the Wainwright Garrison Chaplain Team:
As a Military Community and Family we are all impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions in different ways – self-solation, social distancing, restrictions on travel….
One thing that can never
be restricted is our own spiritual life – the opportunity and ability to connect with and seek the sustaining strength of one’s Faith.
The Wainwright Garrison Chaplain Team is available and committed to support you and your family as best as we can during these times of uncertainty and upheaval.
Although for the next few weeks, religious gatherings of any size have been cancelled, that does not mean that there are not resources available to support you:
In particular we want to highlight three means available to military members and their families to access Spiritual Support for any who would seek it during these days.
- Chapel Sacred Space and Padre Counsel: For those who have access to the Garrison property, the Chapel will be open M-F from 0900-1500 for those seeking a quiet space for prayer, reflection and refuge in the Chapel Sanctuary. Feel free to drop by the Chapel during these hours. (Note: the Recreation Centre area will not be open or accessible). A Chaplain will be present during these hours to offer counsel or guidance if desired.
- Chaplain Services available by phone or appointment: Even though we too are practicing social distances techniques, our Chaplains are always available to military members and their families by the following means:
- During business hours you can reach our padres by their cell phones or email:
- Padre Werunga- 780-261-0545; firstname.lastname@example.org (on duty for the duration);
- Padre Horsman- 780-261-0611 (on duty 25-30 Mar)
- Padre Mills- 780-261-0265; email@example.com; (on duty after Apr 1); and
- After hours Emergency Duty Chaplain: 780-842-1363, ext 1700.
- Spiritual Encouragement Resources by email: If you would like to receive ideas for Spiritual Growth and encouragement during the next few weeks, please send your civilian email address to Padre Werunga at firstname.lastname@example.org. Every few days we will send out spiritual resources to offer encouragement during these trying times.
Please know that your Garrison Chaplain Team is always here for you!
Padre Mills, Padre Horsman and Padre Werunga